Japanese Woodblock Printing - Beginner Workshop
This hands-on workshop is designed for beginner students who want to learn the traditional techniques and methods of this fascinating printmaking method. Water-based and non-toxic, Japanese woodblock printing can used to create unique prints at home.
Participants will learn about image transfer, block carving, paper preparation and printing. All tools and materials are provided. Participant numbers are kept to a maximum of 4 students to ensure lots of teacher attention.
Take home your hand-pulled prints to show off to your family and friends!
- See single and multiple colour prints from Ukiyoe artist Hiroshige and modern artists
- Trace your design onto the block, carve your image and master registration
- Learn to proof your block and make final adjustments
- Learn to use the unique combination of barren, brush, glue and paint
- Edition your block and create 10 prints on professional Torinoko Japanese washi paper
- Receive a stylish frame worth $20 and a complimentary framing service
- Join our newsletter and keep up to date on upcoming classes from Jennifer Lim Design -